Fasteners by British Association (BA) Thread
British Association (BA) is a screw thread form that is mainly used in electrical fittings and accessories. It is a fine-pitch thread that was first formulated in 1884, rounded at the top and bottom of the thread, based on a 47 1/2 degree thread angle used in the Swiss Thury thread, which was used mainy in the Swiss watch industry.
The thread is actually a metric thread and it was adopted by the British Association in 1903. Standard BA threads are only defined between 0BA and 22BA, for diameters less than 1/4 inch.
The British Standards Institution declared the thead type obsolete in 1966; its place was to be taken by the ISO threads. However, it remains in use.
Search through millions of fasteners in the FCH database of surplus, odd lot, slow-moving and hard to find fasteners by British Association (BA) Thread.
- Hex Head Cap Screws with BA Thread
- Socket Head Cap Screws with BA Thread
- Button Head Socket Cap Screws with BA Thread
- Flat Head Socket Cap Screws with BA Thread
- Finished Hex Nuts with BA Thread
- Hex Jam Nuts with BA Thread
- Nylon Insert Lock Nuts with BA Thread
- Machine Screws with BA Thread
- Socket Set Screws with BA Thread
- Fully Threaded Rod with BA Thread
- Taps with BA Thread
- Dies with BA Thread